When cleaning your carpet flooring, there are certain tips you should follow especially if you have kids, pets or high traffic in your home. These are some of the tips that you should know:
- Invest in a handheld extractor to clean up wet areas. The extractor works better than trying to use rags or towels to dry or clean wet areas of your carpet.
- Avoid stomping on paper towels if you are cleaning urine, vomit or other messes. The main reason behind this is to avoid forcing the liquid deeper into the carpet. Instead, hire a professional Carpet cleaners brisbane or use an extractor.
- If you own pets, buy a bio-enzymatic cleaner to clean urine stains. Normally, this cleaner removes the stains with ease and it does not leave any marks or dry patches.
- Using a carpet stain remover is highly recommended if you have spills or stains that you are looking to clean. However, if the stain cannot be removed, hiring a professional carpet cleaning brisbane company or cutting the piece that has a stain can be alternative options.
- Avoid steam cleaning if you don’t know how to go about it. Different cleaning methods are chosen depending on the type of carpet you have, and weather among other factors. For instance, if you use the steam cleaning method wrongly (wrong temperatures and approach), you can end up binding stains and odors to your carpet.
- You can use a putty knife to remove solid messes. You just need to dip the knife into the carpet and then scrape all the solid materials.
- Don’t use home remedies to clean your carpet because they can damage or end up ruining your flooring. If you remain with permanent stains, the only viable option is to hire a professional and/or replace the entire carpet flooring which might cost you a lot of money. In fact, if you don’t know how to clean a stain or the approach you should use, seek professional advice or hire a professional Carpet cleaning services Brisbane company instead of taking risks or relying on trial and error.